- Mou surprised everyone with his team selection when he chose Schurrle ahead of Torres/Lukaku. Honestly, it was a defensive move with Schurrle capable of pressing more and tracking instead of an old-fashioned striker
- His message seemed clear, don’t lose! If you pop in a goal then bonus!
- The Lampard-Ramires pivot continued. Wouldn’t have mattered much if any other player had been there. We were playing for a point and we got it. Secretly, Moyes wouldn’t have thought it a bad result considering the fact in last 5 matches before this, United have won against us once! And that too against 9 men with an offside winner.
- Chelsea squad is improving. The one point is not bad. Consider our 2 best players are still out. Juan Mata and David Luiz.
- Don’t worry about Juan Mata. It was best that Mou didn’t play him in this match as he wanted almost everyone to defend first at almost all times.
- There are no scapegoats for this performance like Ramires, Lampard, Hazard or Torres. Gary Neville said that the teams showed respect to each other but match stunk. Alan Shearer summed it up nicely observing that this clash came far too early into the season.
- Torres was on a fine run of improved performances. Don’t know how this will affect his confidence.
- Chelsea are now on a unbeaten run of 13 games in all competitions. Their last defeat came against Man City in FA cup semi-final.
- Chelsea are now on a unbeaten run of 11 games in Premiere League. Their last defeat came against Southampton.